Covid-19 is disrupting many people’s plans, and we understand that this is a fluid situation that can change quickly.
In light of this, we have revised our procedures on the walk, to keep everyone safe. We have also reviewed our postponement and cancellation policy to give flexibility if you are faced with government-imposed Covid-19 restrictions.
Revised procedures in light of Ministry of Health guidelines:
- Additional cleaning measures are taking place daily in each of the three accommodation buildings
- We will continue to record your details for the purposes of contact tracing – we already have a robust system for this to meet our Health and Safety obligations
- Hand sanitiser will be readily available at each nights’ stay
- We will designate separate dining areas and bathroom facilities, should they be required in Alert Level 2
- We encourage you to bring and wear a mask in Alert Level 2
Cancellation and Postponement Policy:
If you need to cancel 60 days or more prior to your arrival, a $50 administration fee will be charged per person, or per group if only one refund transaction is required.
If your cancellation is between 60 and 30 days prior to your arrival, we are unable to provide a refund of your deposit. If you need to cancel your booking within 30 days of your intended arrival, we are unable to provide a refund.
If government-imposed Covid 19 restrictions prevent you from coming on the walk, you will be able to transfer your booking to a later date. Please contact Kiri at firstname.lastname@example.org to find an alternative.
We are fully booked for the 2020/21 season, but we will do all we can to reschedule your booking to a suitable time.
If you live outside New Zealand, and are booked to come on the walk between September 2020 – April 2021, again, please contact as soon as possible to discuss rescheduling your trip.
We ask that if you are feeling unwell when you are due to come on the walk, please do not come. Your safety and the safety of our walkers is paramount.
Thank you for your understanding as we navigate our way through this challenging time.