Terms and Conditions
The Tora Coastal Walk (TCW) track runs over privately owned and public land. The land owners and/or managers give their permission to use the tracks on the basis that visitors have read and understood the warnings set out below and understood any additional risks that may have been outlined to them by the TCW at the time that they enter the tracks.
TCW have endeavoured to take all reasonable steps to make the tracks as safe as possible. It is for the visitor to determine the appropriate safety precautions, but they should include at least the following:
- All visitors must have clothing appropriate for walking and weather – see “What to Bring”
- Visitors must stay on the walking tracks at all times
- The tracks may be slippery after rainfall so precautions should be taken to prevent falls
TCW reserves the right at any time to make any alterations to the track in the interest of safety or unforeseen circumstances.
All visitors enter the property and walk the tracks entirely at their own risk, and no responsibility will be taken by TCW or any employees or landowners whose land you cross for any losses, damages, injuries, sickness or expenses incurred by or in conjunction with walking the TCW tracks.
There will be a full safety briefing on your arrival night. You will also be provided with maps and a detailed track guide before you commence the walk.
If you need to cancel your booking for any reason, a full refund of your deposit will be provided, as long as at least 30 days prior notice is given.
Cancellations by You and Refund
All cancellations must be made in writing and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation fees are charged on the following basis per person:
- Outside 90 days from date of walk departure: NZ$100 per person;
- Between 89-60 days from date of walk departure: NZ$200 per person;
- Between 59-21 days from date of walk departure: 50% of full fare; or
- Within 21 days of date of walk departure: 100% of full fare.
- The customer name, for which the walk has been booked, is transferable. There is no charge to change a customer name – you are welcome to find your replacement if you cannot come. Please contact us with your booking reference number, the name of the person who can no longer come and the name of the replacement person.
We are committed to protecting your privacy, and ensuring that your information is secure. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993). We collect information about you for 2 reasons: firstly, to process any online enquiries, secondly to provide you with the best possible service.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site or order processing. This can include using “cookies”, typically from Google, which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening, although this may prevent website services from being available to you. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings.
If you have any questions/comments about privacy, you should contact us.