Terms and Conditions
The Tora Coastal Walk (TCW) track runs over privately owned and public land. The land owners and/or managers give their permission to use the tracks on the basis that visitors have read and understood the warnings set out below and understood any additional risks that may have been outlined to them by the TCW at the time that they enter the tracks.
TCW have endeavoured to take all reasonable steps to make the tracks as safe as possible. It is for the visitor to determine the appropriate safety precautions, but they should include at least the following:
- All visitors must have clothing appropriate for walking and weather – see “What to Bring”
- Visitors must stay on the walking tracks at all times
- The tracks may be slippery after rainfall so precautions should be taken to prevent falls
TCW reserves the right at any time to make any alterations to the track in the interest of safety or unforeseen circumstances.
All visitors enter the property and walk the tracks entirely at their own risk, and no responsibility will be taken by TCW or any employees or landowners whose land you cross for any losses, damages, injuries, sickness or expenses incurred by or in conjunction with walking the TCW tracks.
There will be a full safety briefing on your arrival night. You will also be provided with maps and a detailed track guide before you commence the walk.
Cancellations by You and Refund
All cancellations must be made in writing and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation fees are charged on the following basis per person:
- Outside 90 days from date of walk departure: NZ$100 per person;
- Between 89-60 days from date of walk departure: NZ$200 per person;
- Between 59-21 days from date of walk departure: 50% of full fare; or
- Within 21 days of date of walk departure: 100% of full fare.
- The customer name, for which the walk has been booked, is transferable. There is no charge to change a customer name – you are welcome to find your replacement if you cannot come. Please contact us with your booking reference number, the name of the person who can no longer come and the name of the replacement person.
Tora Coastal Walk (TCW) (we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
This policy was last updated on 10th August 2023.
Who do we collect your personal information from
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information:
- to verify your identity
- to provide services and products to you
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- another company within our group
- any business that supports our services and products, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products
- other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you.
A business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at email@example.com. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.